October 5, 2015

A Book Review

Do you want to read a book full of love, adventure, visions, murder, intrigue, kindness, trickery, and amazing miracles?  Then I have the book for you!  It's called  The Book of Moses from the Pearl of Great Price. It is 8 chapters of non-stop action!   It is WONDERFUL and full of imagery that will not let you put it down!  It is my new favorite book of scripture.  There is SO MUCH doctrine in there!  I've been teaching from it this past month in Seminary!  From the creation of Earth, to Adam and Eve, to Cain and Abel, to Enoch, Methuselah, and Noah!  From the huge contrast as Lucifer and Jesus both present their plan, to this important verse:  "Nevertheless, you may choose for yourself". There is the verse about Satan holding a large chain and laughing while his followers rejoice, followed by several verses of God seeing his wicked children and weeping.  From the angel telling Adam and Eve that they must repent (one of the first things they were told to do after being sent out of the garden.....and we are still being told to do so all these many years later at October 2015 General Conference!) to Cain making a secret promise with Satan after his offering was not accepted by God.  Enoch being called and answering, "I'm but a lad!  I'm slow of speech! And besides all that, everybody HATES me!" to the Lord answering him that he must obey anyway!  And if he does, mountains will move for him and he will know what to say.  Well, we know how that story ends.....the whole city being translated!  (I think he obeyed!)  Like I said, you won't be able to put it down!  Thank you, Joseph Smith and Moses for collaborating on this exciting book!  And thank you to all those who lived it!  What a book!





3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, you should write book reviews for a living! Sounds so exciting!

Janis said...

I can tell you are a great Seminary teacher! You make the scriptures come alive!!

MollyE said...

Wowee, thanks for the reminder. I'm on it!