December 12, 2012

Sleigh Ride


Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing
Ring ting tingle-ing too
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you!!!

Don't those words just make you happy! I love this peppy song! We went to the Seattle Symphony Pops Concert last Saturday night and boy oh boy, did they play this song fantastic!!! It was a highlight!

The Conductor told us a fact about it that makes it even more amazing: the Composer, LeRoy Anderson, wrote it in July in the middle of a heat wave! How he captured the excitement of riding in a sleigh so perfectly in music in 104 degree temperatures is definitely a sign of great talent. He was quite young when he wrote it too.

I can hear in my mind my talented mother-in-law playing this on the piano....memorized! Her hands moving so fast and all over the keys.

Here is a picture of who I'd like to take on a Sleigh Ride with me!





3 comments:

Annette said...

I love that song! Interesting to learn some of the facts about it. I've never been on a sleigh ride; sure would be fun. Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

Interesting fact about the song! Well we are always told to think of cold things when we are hot...it worked for him! Cute pic of baby B..I love her expression!

Jeff said...

Fun fact and great little picture. ;-)