I was truly treated like a Queen on my birthday! Best weekend of my life! But that is not what this blog is about. This is about an experience I had recently.
I was working the Front Desk at Reid's office. He had been chosen to host a Foreign Exchange Business Leader. (Did you know they had Foreign Exchanges for Businesses? I'd never heard of it.) He had a man from Finland shadowing him for a day. It was kind of cool!
When Reid introduced me to him, Reid told him that I was Swedish. You know, Sweden....Finland....it was the closest connection we had! He & I made some small talk, in which I mainly just listened to his cool accent.
Then he said, "I can tell you are Swedish." This was very surprising to me so I said, "How?" And he said, "You look like the Queen of Sweden. Didn't you know? Haven't you been told that before?" I didn't tell him this, but no, frankly, I didn't even realized there WAS a Queen of Sweden. I made a few jokes, and finished up my work. But I'll admit as soon as I had a chance, I looked up what the Queen of Sweden looks like. And this is what I found.

This is Queen Sylvia, the current reigning Queen of Sweden. Who knew? I pictured someone blond. I don't see any resemblance other than the hair color. But I took it as a compliment anyway. And I've since learned a few things about the Monarchy in Sweden, which is quite interesting actually, and makes me wish we had some in the USA. I think I would be a Royalty watcher. I just get kind of a kick out of it. Maybe it's because their life style looks so "majestic", when we all know in reality it is not very good at all. I'm not a Hollywood watcher, and never have been, but I do think I would have fun following the Queen of the USA. It would be alot different than Michelle, Hillary, & Laura, at least that's how I picture it.
But to be honest, I just secretly want to wear this dress, jewelery, and crown and go to a ball. Isn't that what we all want? Just for an evening?
3 comments:
WOW! I think that is awesome! I had no idea they had a queen...and she does look like you a little! What a fun post. I would definitely be a royalty-watcher. :)
Well, now you know what to be for Halloween! I think you look a lot alike!
wow ... a post from kathy finally! ;-) ... that is very interesting about the Queen.
Post a Comment