Has it really been two months since I posted anything? Wow, and so much has happened since then. I keep using the excuse that I don't have a picture to post. Sorry, I'm going to write anyway! You will just have to use your imagination! We all read books without pictures, so here you go:
Random things in no order that are going on right now:
1. I've been working alot in Reid's office. Pretty fun seeing your spouse as the boss!
2. I'm having fun with the Young Women! We just finished bi-stake Volleyball. They lost every game, but we had the most spirit of any team there!
3. I went to the temple and did initiatories and loved it.
4. We're going out to dinner tonight with 4 other couples.
5. It is spring which means baby animals. We had the smallest baby deer in the yard yesterday with it's Mom. It's the smallest one I've seen. I bet it was only a few days old. It's weird to think that somewhere on our property there are deer giving birth!
6. We have a new "pet" named George. It is a very old looking raccoon that comes to the deck every day. I don't know why we think he's old, or why we think it's a "he", except that he is more gray than the other raccoons, and very scraggly, so surely it must be a boy! We look forward to seeing him.
7. I am looking at a hummingbird right this minute!
8. Mike made the High School Show Choir!
9. 10 more days of school. I love summer and I always have a theme. This year's theme is Japan. We are going to learn Japanese, and eat Japanese food, and all of that. Mike and Claire have grown up hearing us talk about "when we lived in Japan" so now they're going to experience it from here. Too bad we can't take a field trip.
10. Claire is growing up too fast. She will be in 6th grade next year, which in most places is middle school. But we have one more year of elementary school luckily. I still remember the last time I saw my Mom. I walked in and she said, "Oh, it's my baby!" I was 45! Once the youngest, always the youngest. Not sure if that's good or bad, but it just is. And I'm not sure why my thoughts went from Claire going into 6th grade, to the last time I saw my Mom, but it did!
So all you people with imaginations, what did you picture as you read these?? An old raccoon? A baby deer? Claire and Mike as younger children? My Mom? I hope it was all of these and more. Maybe pictures in our head are better than the real thing! But I promise to get the real thing on here eventually!
9 comments:
Great post and good writing! Your words are worth a thousand pictures! I don't think I've ever seen a newborn deer. How fun!
Fun update! I do wish I could see a baby deer....cute.
I loved this post! It was fun to "picture" your life. Especially to remember Grandma. I miss her so much!!!
I would love to take in the view from your back yard...sounds like heaven! I picture our moms talking and laughing together again. Love you, cuz!
Kathy is my favorite employee! She is great with clients and job seekers, fantastic with our staff who love her and she treats her boss very well and supports him unconditionally! How great is that? I was sad to see her "retire" after 3 intense weeks but grateful she can devote her energies to the kids now that summer has begun!
Reid
You're going to have your own petting zoo or funny farm someday with all those animals. That could be fun! ;-)
Loved the update
Sounds great! I love the Japan theme. Maybe when they come to Texas we'll have a Japan/Texas hybrid experience ... hmm ... not sure what that means.
With all those animals you might have a funny farm or petting zoo someday! ;-)
wow 2 months! crazy i dont wait 2 months! sorry. ;) love you!
claire bates
it's been a while since we've had a post Kathy ... hint hint. ;-)
Post a Comment