I had a new experience yesterday. Have you heard of this happening to anyone before?
My day started with Claire blessing the food. I hardly paid attention to her prayer. But my mind did register that she said "Bless us with safety." Boy am I glad, she did!
I have a glass pyrex bowl, the kind that is big and perfect for mixing everything. I put it in the microwave for 2.3 minutes, and went into the other room. I heard a strange noise, and went and checked on it. It looked fine, but when I touched it, it was unusually hot. I left the door open on the microwave to let it cool. Another minute went by and I heard an even stranger noise. I went and checked and the top inch of the bowl had broken off and was laying in the microwave. I was shocked! I thought to myself, "My favorite bowl is ruined! How weird is that? I'll leave the microwave door open so I don't forget to clean it up." I turned to leave, and was only a few steps away when I heard a deafening sound. The bowl exploded! I can not adequately explain this to anyone, but it literally exploded. The bowl not only blew up, but because I the door was open, it shot broken glass shards out of the microwave and all over my kitchen! All I could think was, what if I had been standing in front of the microwave, or anywhere in my kitchen?
The farthest glass we found was 9 feet away. (Yes, we measured.)
The males in my family had fun making jokes at the dinner table, like "Poor Mom....died of an exploding bowl." And since I was home alone, and had the majority cleaned up before anyone saw it, the story may go down as folklore. But I tell you, it happened just as I described, and I was very thankful for Claire's prayer!! Although I never thought it meant I would be kept safe from my mixing bowl!
3 comments:
Yikes! I'm glad your safe!! You need to keep a camera handy to document these things. I've never liked microwaving. By the way, was there anything in the bowl?
What a story!
Janis not into microwaving while raising 6 kids?
Wow!
For now the bug has not caught me. . .yet.
I would rather clean up microwave explosions than clean up or have the stomach flu.
Holy Cow mom! I can't believe that! Why is it that I always hear your life-threatening stories on your blog first? Call me next time a bowl explodes!!
Post a Comment