April 9, 2015

Celestial Marriage

Seminary again.........

I recently taught the kids the difference between Temple Marriage and Celestial Marriage. We want the youth to switch their focus (and goal) from "being married in the Temple" to "Having a Celestial Marriage."

Our goal as married couples is to have a Celestial Marriage.  You can only have a Celestial Marriage by being Sealed by proper Priesthood Authority in a Holy Temple.  But the sealing does not make a Celestial Marriage.

Elder J.Richard Clarke said it best:

"Of course, while marriages performed in the temple are beautiful, the ceremony alone does not guarantee happiness. That will depend on keeping our temple covenants and practicing the principles that govern successful marriage.

It takes a lifetime to develop a Christlike character and to practice the art of successful marriage.  Prepare yourself to be worthy to make the temple an integral part of your life—not just a place to be married."   
(You can read his article in the April 1993 New Era)

These are my in-laws, Dee and Donna Bates
who just celebrated their 69th Anniversary.




                              We are at year 33!

I'm so thankful for the fun and work and rewards of working on a Celestial Marriage with my best friend!



3 comments:

Janis said...

Beautiful! The couples and the commentary!!

MollyE said...

Oh I love this new focus! I am only at year 16 but I am enjoying the journey as well!

Jeff said...

nice post!