March 17, 2014

The Big Day

 
This week Marie is marrying her sweetheart.  I am so happy for her!  They are so adorable together and definitely crazy about each other! They make it just so easy and fun to plan a wedding because they are just happy about anything and everything.
Here are just a few fun things about them:
1.  I got a phone call at 1:00 AM in Sept. 2012 from Marie, telling me she had just been on the best date of her life.  It was her first date with Jeff Chapman.....  I had my first suspicion! 
2.  When we had the Ricks Chicks Reunion in October 2012, I had an opportunity to meet Jeff.  I liked him right away and told Marie I thought she should too! 
3.  Life happened, and they didn't cross paths again until March 2013. 
4.  "The" email.  Marie was not ready for a relationship.  Jeff wrote her an email that will forever go down in history.  I wonder if he knew at the time that she would forward it to her Mom and sister, and eventually print it out, frame it, and hang it in her room!  It basically says something like, "You told me once that you needed some time and I gave it to you and lost you.  I'm not going to let that happen again."  It's very romantic!  2nd suspicion!
5.  BYU Graduation, April 2013.  They had been "officially" dating for two weeks when they both graduated.  Pretty awkward so early in a relationship - They both had to meet the other one's parents.  My thoughts?   3rd suspicion! 
6.  They decided to take things at a perfect pace for them.  They got to know each other really well. 
7.  By Fall 2014 Marie could hardly stop smiling and could turn any subject into talking about Jeff!  (It was both annoying and adorable!)  My suspicions are growing!
8.  November 2014:  Jeff & Marie came and visited us for the weekend.  He fit in really well!  My suspicions are red hot!
9.  Dec 2014:  Jeff is moving to California for his job.  Oh no!  They are going to be apart.  Long distance relationship woes.  BUT....he is coming to spend her birthday with us.  Hm, will he pop the question?  Will she get a ring for Christmas?  How about on New Year's Eve?  Surely he won't wait until Valentine's day?
10.  Dec. 17, 2014,  Reid calls me and we have normal chit chat.  Then he nonchalantly adds, "Oh, and guess who I just got off the phone with? Jeff Chapman!"  SUSPICION CONFIRMED!!!
11.  Night of Dec. 17, 2014.  We had already invited several couples over for a Christmas FHE.  We try to act like nothing is happening in front of our guests.  Reid and I have fun making eye contact through the night, knowing that our daughter is getting proposed to and wondering if he's asked her yet! 
12.  9:20 PM  Our last guests just left.  Finally the phone rings and it's Marie!  She said yes!  We are so happy! 
13.  Today, March 16, 2014  Marie and I have been talking on the couch, after she and Jeff Face timed and she showed him all the nice things she got at her shower yesterday.  I lose count of how many times she tells me how wonderful Jeff is!  How thoughtful, caring, spiritual, handsome, and funny he is!  She can't sleep!  She can't eat!  She is one glowing girl.  A text comes in from him and she smiles and sighs.  Then another, and she laughs and hurriedly texts back.   Everyone should spend time around a couple in love!  It's awesome. 
14.  She and I leave on Wednesday to get this story REALLY started!  This part is only the Prologue! 
 Fun facts:
 Jeff was born in the Mt. Diablo Hospital in Concord, California on Dec. 9, 1986.  Marie was born in the Mt. Diablo Hospital in Concord, California on Dec. 22, 1987, both delivered by the same person, Dr. Crockett, who is expected to attend their Open House in Walnut Creek.
Jeff was given his maternal grandfather's name, Curtis, as his middle name.  He was blessed by this grandfather in the Anaheim California Mission Home while he was serving as the Mission President.  He later was the Vice-President of BYU-Hawaii, and then Dean of the College of Education at BYU in Provo.  He will be sealing them in the Salt Lake Temple this Saturday.
 Jeff is a certified Phlebotomist and a Licensed Realtor.
 Jeff served his mission in the England Leeds Mission (Yes, he spoke English, but it doesn't sound like English to me when he talks the way the people talk over there!  I'm thinking that Mike might have the same problem!)
They are going on their honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta Mexico (to a resort his parents have a connection to) and then moving to a rental home in Pleasant Hill, California where Jeff will be working full time while Marie job hunts and settles into their home.
One thing I admire about Jeff and Marie is that they want to make their sealing the most important part of their wedding;  not the reception or food or dress or gifts.  I think that is a great way to start off a marriage! 
I wish them a wonderful wedding week and a joyous eternity together.
Let the festivities begin!
 

 

4 comments:

Karen said...

So excited for them!!!! It all sounds wonderful! So fun they were born in the same hospital by same doctor! Their sealing will be beautiful I'm sure!! And she will be a stunning bride! I'll be thinking about you guys this weekend!! And congratulations about mike!

Janis said...

What a fun story and a wonderful couple!

Sally said...

So excited to meet him. They sound perfect for each other!

Jeff said...

I learned a few things about Jeff ... Phlebotomist? Interesting. LOL