I heard such a great talk at church today.
It was given by a Mom in our ward.
She seemed almost embarrassed that she doesn't have lofty goals like most Moms:
She doesn't want to train and run a marathon.
She doesn't want to write a book or be the PTA President.
She doesn't want to start a business she runs out of her home or win Volunteer of the Month.
Her goals are to just be a good Mom!
Some of the goals she shared went something like this:
1. To make a good tasting dinner.
2. To do a lot of talking with her kids.
3. To have her husband feel loved and respected when he's at home.
4. To have fun with her kids on holidays.
5. To play games.
6. To have a house that is clean enough
The best part was when her husband stood up after her, he expressed how much he respects her for these goals, and told her to never be embarrassed for having them. That these were the goals every child wished their Mom had.
I thought that was a very profound comment. Every child wants their Mom to have these goals. Wow!

3 comments:
Good thing you always meet all these goals!
Laura, I never have and I never will! But I keep working towards it!
neat thought on "mom goals". I like that.
Post a Comment