September 13, 2013

The Answers

I get asked these same 3 questions all the time. So here are the answers I give!

1. What's it like having your birthday on 9/11?

It is great! Everyone remembers my birthday!

2. Isn't there an actress named Kathy Bates?

Yes, yes there is. It's Misery being Kathy Bates.

(Everyone used to get this joke. But now I'm thinking of saying, "Yes, I'm her!" Because let's be honest, I do resemble her!)

3. Where did your daughter get her red hair?

Oh she just ate too many strawberries when she was young.

Explanation: We used to ask Claire how she got red hair when she was little and she would say, "I just eat strawberries."

So there you have it. Do you have questions people ask you a lot?

But I wasn't honest in one of my answers. Ok, the strawberry answer isn't honest either. But seriously, it has not been fun having a birthday on 9/11. I had never felt before some of the emotions I felt that day. I personally think the country should take time to remember and ponder. We should be a bit solemn that day, and fly our flag. It's probably because of my own feelings about what happened that makes it hard to have it be my birthday. So it's my own fault that it's hard. And for us oldies, Sept. 11 was also the day Kenneth Star came out with his report on Monica Lewinsky. That wasn't a fun birthday either. Benghazi last year. I was hoping for a granddaughter to be born on my birthday this year, but we still have a few weeks to go I think. I have teased Laura that since she missed giving birth on my birthday two years in a row, she better get it right next year! :)

3 comments:

Annette said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I'll be up in Lacey Oct 4-12...maybe we can get together? I can't think of any question people ask me over and over. Maybe that's a good thing!?

Laura said...

Yes, I think I've been around you when you get asked these questions over and over!

I can't think of what I get asked. I'll have to think about that one.

SOrry I didn't deliver on the 11th! :)

Karen said...

I have been asked at least 1,000 times "has anyone ever told you you look Reese Witherspoon. And the answer is yes. I have been told that at least 1000 times. Twice the people thought I really was her. I shoukd have went with it!!