Dear
Facebook Users,
My daughter
recently met her agreed upon criteria before we would allow her to have her own
Facebook account. She will shortly be
joining your ranks. She is only 13 ("almost 14", according to her) and
she has a lot of figuring things out to do.
Please do not wrongly judge her for anything she may post. She is just learning her way through the
world.. She thinks Facebook will make
her "real" friends, and help her feel more included. She will learn this is not necessarily the
outcome soon enough. If you know her and
love her, please accept her friendship so she can learn from you. "Like" her posts now and then. Be gentle in your comments. Remember that she is testing the waters of
growing up. Help me watch over her as
she enters the world of technology. This
is all a little hard on me, but we do feel it's time. My Mom didn't have to worry about this kind of stuff raising me. I'm just learning my way through this new world of parenting, too. So be gentle with me, too.
Love, her
Mom
3 comments:
I'm loving these letters. They are so open, frank and honest and I'm enjoying getting into your mind. :)
Great thoughts, Kathy. Our moms surely didn't have to face all these technological challenges. I'm thankful my kids made it through high school before cell phones were too rampant!
Great letters Kathy. I like the idea of "letters never to be sent." ... Claire is about to be on facebook?!?!
Post a Comment