February 5, 2013

PJ's

What do you sleep in?

I have been on the hunt for the perfect pajama's. I'm not a fan of the TShirt and pants style. Yes, they're comfy, but I want to feel like a GIRL and not like I'm ready to do housework, or paint the walls, or exercise.

I used to be a nightgown girl. Now I just want something that is a combo of the two....girlie and comfy. Is that so hard to find? YES!

I have done some research! I learned that most women sleep in what is considered "exercise clothes". Most women also wear clothes to bed that are "old, and need to be replaced." So how are your pajama's looking these days?

What happened to these kinds of PJ's for women?
   


I found some sites that sell these super feminine pj's, but I want to know: Are they also comfy?

I ran across a great site based in the UK. They sell 2 of the 3 pj's pictured above. The site says something like this, "We have been selling beautiful Women's Sleepwear for 22 years. We opened our site to the women of the USA for one year, but we have learned that American women sleep in Exercise Clothes, or whatever they have around. So we have decided to close our international site." I wish they hadn't.

It gets tricky because we need sleepwear that is modest. We need to feel comfortable walking around wearing them in front of our kids when we get them off to school in the mornings. (Oh please don't tell me you shower and get dressed before getting your kids up!)

So I'm on the pajama hunt. In the mean time I'm wearing a TShirt I've had for way too many years and some sleep pants that are just so so. I really think it's time to go through the PJ's and toss 'em. Maybe I would sleep better in the UK. At least more stylish.



4 comments:

MollyE said...

I agree! I just bought my first nightgown because I was feeling the same way, but I wore it once and it felt too matronly. Try Kohls, they have good stuff. Do you have that store?

Katie said...

My idea is to sew. . .Is that a laugh?
Do you sew?

I'm also guilty of old mismatched ugly exercise pj's.

Laura said...

You have always had a pj obsession! :) I like the silky tops and bottoms...I feel comfortable and a little flirty. I agree with Katie...my first thought was - sew something you love!

Amanda said...

I discovered that I love silk pajamas. They are comfortable and feminine, and you wouldn't exercise in them. From Victoria's Secret.