October 25, 2010

Another Post about a Queen??

This is my pile of laundry! Oops, but isn't that Claire in the middle? Yep, this is what you get when you add my laundry pile and Claire: Claire's Halloween Costume 2010.

This was the easiest costume in the history of the Bates I believe. And unfortunately this pic doesn't do it justice. You can't see the tide box and the bounce sheets both of which added to the effect.

I have to say, I was a little shocked when Claire told me she wanted to be a pile of dirty laundry for Halloween! But I was sure glad she did when she won the "Funniest Costume" contest for her entire school!! It was great!! I think I had the most fun seeing her up on the stage enjoying her moment of glory....the whole school was clapping for her. And my favorite quote was what she said to me after we got home. "Mom, when I was up there and everyone was clapping for me, I felt like a QUEEN!" Love that quote! Even standing in a pile of laundry, you can feel like a queen!! I will have to remember that next time I'm in my laundry room staring at my own pile of laundry.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hee Hee....she will always remember this Halloween costume... I still can't believe that is what she wanted to be! cracks me up!

Janis said...

How creative!!! Your family always does the best costumes! I seem to remember a Twix candy bar many years ago?

Katie said...

I really, really love this post!

The whole queen laundry thing, and winning for the whole school. Totally great!