May 13, 2016

Excerpt from an email to Elder Bates

We had great seminary lessons this week on Elijah and Elisha.  I can't believe how many miracles are contained in those few short chapters on those two.  So many miracles!! 

One of the days, we got talking about Gay Marriage.  We agreed it comes down to one question:  Do you believe in God?  If yes, then do you believe he has a prophet on the earth today speaking for him?  If yes, then what does he say about it?  He says that marriage is between a man and a woman. 

If you answer no to the first questions, then study, pray, and find out if there is a God, and if he has a living prophet. 

The question is not, "Is gay marriage ok", but, "Is there a God?" 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I really like reading these quick spiritual thoughts. They are insightful and I like them all. Thanks for sharing your seminary wisdom! Your students are so lucky.