A Little Piece of Wisdom for a New Year
I have so many fun things to blog about! But you're going to have to wait while I wax philosophical first! Here's my new trick for living life well. Pass it on!
Depression comes from focusing on the past.
Anxiety comes from focusing on the future.
Peace comes from focusing on right now.
I didn't get it at first, at least not fully. But I have practiced this little piece of wisdom and it WORKS! As an example, let's say I'm having a sleepless night worrying about this or that. When I realize I'm worrying (sometimes that is the first step) I stop and think, "Hm, am I focusing on the past?" If the answer is yes, I bring myself back to the right now and realize I did the best I could with what I knew at that time. And it's amazing that I will feel peace! Other times I will think, "Hm, am I focusing on the future?" If the answer is yes, then I have to bring myself back to the right now, knowing that things are in the hands of the Lord and will all work out. And I feel peace! It's a great little trick!
It's amazing to me that I really can connect all the things causing me grief or stress into either the past or the future. Time to live in the moment, Kathy!
I have especially enjoyed feeling peace in the "right now." Sometimes things are going on that aren't peaceful. But I will think about the "right now" and enjoy, even if just for one minute, that exact minute. I will look at my kids or my house or my town or what I'm reading or doing right then and just find joy in it at that moment. Try it, it will make you smile!
Here's to living in the moment in 2014. It will never be here again so let's enjoy it!

3 comments:
Great Advice!
I love this, and it was needed today more than you know!
Good counsel
Post a Comment