January 7, 2013

TP or not TP, that is the question?

Toilet Paper. 
I got the giggles recently remembering these long ago family memories.  The conversations went something like this:

"Ok, this has been a great family council.  Now we just have one more thing to talk about.  Toilet Paper.  We need everyone to do their part in changing the toilet paper rolls when they're empty."
"I always do!"
"Nuh uh!  I always do!"
"I change it every time!"
"Then how come there's never any there?"
"Ok, let's just all do our part to change it in a timely manner.  It's the polite thing to do."

Or this one:
"We all know that things are tight right now.  What can you do to help us save money?"
"We can use less toilet paper."
"Yea, we should limit how many squares we use, say we only get to use 7 each time."
"Seven?!  I say it should be at least 12!"
"I can get by on 3!"
"Well I say keep track and see how many squares you need!"
"Ok.  Everybody report back to Mom on how many squares you need."


They say there are really only 3 kinds of people in the world:
A.  People who change the toilet paper before they leave the bathroom.  (Organized, Type A)
B.  People who get out the new roll, but leave it on the TP holder.  (At least there's some there for the next guy,)
C.  People who leave an empty roll. (Don't even think about it.)

I know exactly which one I am!

I have a great suggestion for the people who make toilet paper.  They should mark the toilet paper roll with the name of their product like Charmin or Kirkland or Angel Soft.  When I come to the end of a roll,  I sometimes think, "Wow, I liked that roll of toilet paper. I want to buy that again!  But which brand was it??  I have no idea!"  I think if they marked their brand on the roll, people would buy it more often.  Great marketing idea huh?

Now how do I end a TP post?
How about THE END!





3 comments:

Laura said...

Ha ha!! What a funny post. Mainly funny to me because I remember these family councils.

I told Jeff I was exempt from changing the toilet paper when I was pregnant. hee hee! Just one more thing I could get away with while pregnant. :) Now I have no excuse!

Heidi said...

Love this. Glad to know we're not the only one who has to have family discussions on this topic.

Karen said...

In our family growing up I really was the only one who ever changed the roll :)