June 18, 2012

The Chairman

On May 9 Reid became the Thurston County Chamber of Commerce Chairman, a role he will hold for one year. He will be fantastic! I was there along with with my Dad, and some of Reid's staff to show our support. It will be a busy year but a wonderful opportunity for him.

They already had their largest turn out at his first meeting. Conducting meetings at church has helped him in conducting leadership meetings.

Reid is also on the Board of the United Way, and a Member of the Rotary Club where he often gives the opening prayer, which is more like giving a spiritual thought. He just finished being on the Board of Directors for the Thurston County Economic Council. He's involved in other community organizations also. He really loves being involved and he's naturally good at it. I enjoy going with him to a wide variety of events. Especially the ones where we get to dress up. I've been to Community Auctions, Luncheons, Fundraisers, new business openings, and Military appreciations, among other things. At our most recent event, we were seated next to our State Senator.

Life has never been dull with Reid. He likes to help and be involved so that has kept me involved, also. I don't know how much help I am because I generally feel out of my league at these events. But I am looking forward to seeing what this year will bring with him serving as Chairman. This particular Chamber of Commerce is one of the oldest and largest so he follows some other great leaders.

The pictures below are 1) Giving a speech at a Chamber Meeting 2) Dressed in a Zoot Suit promoting an event for the Chamber. I think both of these pictures were in the newspaper.

Congratulations Reid!








4 comments:

Laura said...

Yep, that tuxedo you gave him for father's day is going to come in handy this year with everything he's involved with! ow ow! Now you need to go find a fancy dress!

MollyE said...

Sounds fun!!

Annette said...

Thurston is lucky to have such a great leader!!

Jeff said...

I love the zoot suit!