For my sweetheart's 50th Birthday, I asked his family members to write little comments about him. I easily got 50, and then Laura and Claire strung all 50 together in a festive way and we hung it around the house. Here's just a sampling of the comments:
I admire so much the faith he had when he was unemployed. He bought a business he didn't know would be successful and moved his family across the country. I didn't realize at the time how much faith that took! But he did it and has been absolutely incredible at his new business! He is already known by so many throughout the community! I'm so proud of him! From Marie
I love Reid because He used to wear an outfit of a white belt, white platform shoes with a bow tie and bell bottom pants. From Lynn
* I like how Dad always treats mom so nice. From Laura
I love Reid because he used to gross me out when he would eat black licorice ice cream while smiling at me with blackened teeth. From Lynn
Daddy is the best because his omelets are so yummy! From Claire
*I love Dad's creative artistic ability. I had cool Halloween costumes that he would help with, and the pumpkins he carves are always amazing. From Laura
He’s a really good griller! From Mike
Fathers interviews were always a cherished memory of mine. He had a way of making you feel like the most important thing to his day. From Marie
I like Reid for his great influence on his daughter who I am lucky enough to call my wife. From Jeff T.
We love him because even though I'm older he has always set a great example to me. From Marsha
I Love Reid because he is always thinking "Outside the box". I remember when he was trying to come up with a "roadshow" type idea to present to his employees. I guess all those "MIA" roadshows really paid off in the business world! From Dianna
Dad has special memories of backpacking with him, especially the time he and some scouts went to Havasupai in the Grand Canyon. The trip back up was pretty strenuous and Dad was starting to really struggle and wondered how he could make it to the top. All of a sudden here comes Reid - he gotten to the top, taken off his backpack and then headed back down to help his dad. He grabbed Dad's backpack and took off up to the top. They all made it home. From Mom and Dad
Daddy is cool because he always has Altoids in his car and gives them to me. From Claire
He's the "biggest tease in the world"! From his little sister, Susan
Reid makes everything more fun. He can make everyone laugh. He is so good at making people feel comfortable. My favorite sound in the world is Reid laughing! From Me
I love my man! (even if he did wear bell bottoms, platform shoes, and bow tie!)
3 comments:
What a great tribute to a great man! (The first bishop of our ward!) Our family always enjoyed his performing of his unique talents! Where's a birthday photo?
Happy Birthday Reid!
He was always a favorite uncle.
I remember how cool he was driving us in his Ford Thunderbird!
It was a blast being up there to celebrate!!
Post a Comment