The next picture is my Dad working in our yard. He's always being helpful.
My Dad is an amazing man. I really admire him. He has had a good life, but not free from challenges. His wife was stricken with polio when they were quite young. He had to have surgery on his thyroid. His brother died. His parents got divorced. But he has also had wonderful things happen. He has traveled to many places in the war, and also took trips to France, Japan, Hawaii, and toured the Church History sites. He had a great career as a pharmacist and store owner. After retiring from pharmacy, he worked as a Courier for a bank. He has served in a bishopric, on a High Council, and now as a Temple worker. He is a great bowler (still!), he was the President of his College graduating Class, and he was an Ensign in the navy, in charge of about 200 men. He can build a great bunny hutch, makes great scrambled eggs, can say the alphabet backwards (fast!), and can make up a knock-knock joke any time. He and I joke about his ability to find any weed and get rid of it! But this is all just stuff. The real reasons I admire him are
- He is an extremely hard worker
- He is humble and grateful for the things in his life
- He taught me by example about the wise use of saving and spending
- He has shown me how to stop eating when I'm full, and to keep exercising
- He has been a valiant church member
- He overcame a hard childhood and made his own family strong
- He instilled in me a love of Family History
- He taught me what to look for in my future spouse (I can still hear him telling me to find someone "ambitious")
- He showed me how to magnify a calling, and,
- He married my Mom!
Happy Father's Day to a very special Father.
1 comment:
Uncle Norm is the best! I love him so much and hope he had a great Father's Day.
Post a Comment